Wednesday, June 2, 2010

a bone to pick

What frustrates me most about fashion's take on female jeans is its limited utility! It seems like I'd have to sacrifice looking good if I wanted the same kind of convenience that guys enjoy from their pants. Jeans have always felt kind of restrictive for me, especially in high school when I ran track and my butt and thighs were massive! lol Stretch denim became my best friend, needless to say. And now that tight pants are in vogue, I have a hard time finding a pair that will also accommodate my monstrous calves. Is there no compromise that allows for looking nice AND being comfortable for us bottom-heavy people?

Plus, what's with the small pockets? Are they small because designers assume we're going to use purses to carry all our things? Maybe I'd rather fit all my necessities into some substantial pockets than have to carry a purse when I go out and do things that inevitably require the use of my hands...

Speaking of hands, jewelry is pretty much the same story. I'd love to decorate myself with crazy pieces and I love the look of certain styles, but I also love comfort and convenience. Is this problem just inherent to female fashion?


(Clover Web Bracelet)



(Clover Four Finger Web Bracelet)

No comments:

Post a Comment