Thursday, June 10, 2010

ccc from scratch

Just when I've been anticipating making chocolate chip cookies from scratch for the first time, I gather all my ingredients only to realize that I don't have enough butter. But I was intent on baking tonight, so I substituted the 1 cup of butter for 1/2 a cup of butter, 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and a giant spoonful of peanut butter. Not exactly ideal, and nothing kills me more than tarnishing a CCC recipe with peanut butter, but I was desperate to make it work.


They came out alright but still much flatter than I wanted them to be. I haven't experimented much with baking cookies from scratch, so if anyone ever reads this and has a recipe for a fat and chewy CCC, please do post it!

Here's what I arbitrarily used:
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • approximately 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • (totally forgot to add a teaspoon of vanilla extract!)
Oy, now my fingers smell like butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment