Monday, June 7, 2010

black works well with everything

Felt like doing my nails but wanted to minimize the stress of trying to keep the polish off my skin, so I opted for just black tips on a sheer beige base. I find it difficult to shape my nails into the standard square or "squoval" because they actually curve into the nail bed rather than just laying flat.



I didn't use tape or anything, just free-handed it so it's not exactly the neatest. I've found that it's much easier to pivot your nail and let the color get dragged onto it instead of maneuvering the brush around your nail.

Oh yeah, my black polish was kind of difficult to worth with because it's gotten really thick. Might be a sign that I need to get a new one, but I just added a drop or two of nail polish remover into the bottle to thin it out. Typically, you want to do this on your nail instead of putting it into the bottle itself, since adding too much remover over time will probably ruin your polish. But again, having to add it in the first place probably means you need a new one anyway :P

No comments:

Post a Comment