Friday, June 11, 2010

summer events

...that i will not be attending this year :(

Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC)
Even though I really enjoy trance and other kinds of electronic music, I've never been to a rave and this seems like a good one for a first experience. And it's practically in my own backyard! Ugh, how I want to gooo. I wanted to enjoy it with J because he's one of the few people I know who likes electronic music and loves dancing to it, but unfortunately he wasn't sure if he'd still be in the area this summer so we decided against buying the tickets. It turns out he's coming to visit me the same weekend EDC's going on though, so perhaps I can convince him to drop the $65 anyway...

Had my candy/friendship bracelets all ready too :(

Anime Expo (AX)
I was intending to attend this with J like I did last year. But again, we weren't sure if he'd still be in the area by the time July rolled around so we didn't get tickets. I can still go by myself, but what would be the point of that? lol I didn't bother making a costume so I'd just be the random weirdo taking photos of everyone. Not that anyone would mind, I think, but still. It's okay being nerdy if you're doing it with a group, but there's something a little sad about going to these things by yourself...

Awesome fan art poster of FF7's Vincent that I bought at last year's AX

No comments:

Post a Comment