Tuesday, May 8, 2012

i'm baaack

I wish I had a compelling reason for the lack of updates, but I don't. A stubborn case of the winter doldrums just had me really down for a while, and no amount of food or holiday cheer could bring me out of it. But now that it's still bright outside by the time I get off work and the second season of Game of Thrones is in full swing and J IS BACK IN THE COUNTRY, I find that there isn't much to be down about these days. However...

I am still as much of a doormat as I was three months ago. Yes, I'm STILL toiling away at the same job, but in my defense, the quality of the work environment has shown a marked improvement since I turned in my resignation. At one point, Boss's behavior was even bordering on saccharine. I remain skeptical about the sincerity behind this treatment, but it seems like Boss may finally be catching on to the fact that people value their eardrums and tend to harbor less resentment when things are asked and not demanded of them.

Though progress is being made on that front, we haven't had much luck in finding a replacement for me. We have interviewed some candidates for my position, but it seems the forces are working against Boss (or me?) as none of them have accepted the job despite it being offered to each and every one of them. They must've sensed that something was amiss. I think most people would when a prospective employer's loquaciousness drags out a first interview for four grueling hours. (For the record, I had the (mis)fortune of interviewing with someone else when I was hired.)

So when will I ever leave this accursed position, you ask? Well, I'm aiming to leave by the end of May. Seriously this time. After all, the velvety beaches of San Diego await me for Memorial Day weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment