Tuesday, June 18, 2013

updates long overdue

I know, I know. It's been AGES since I last posted. Never mind that my being back stopped being true almost immediately...which is why I won't make any promises about sticking around this time.

So what have I been up to for the past year? Well, if you haven't already guessed it, I finally managed to escape from the clutches of Boss and launched myself into...the black abyss of unemployment. Luckily, that state was only temporary, but so was the arrangement that landed me in San Diego for six months. It's okay though, because, although short-lived, it meant I got to be closer to J and had the chance to move towards a career change.

Now I'm back in LA as a full-time student (once again) and in the clutches of another potentially crazy employer (once again), to hear the way my new coworkers tell it. At least that'll guarantee a constant stream of blogging material, eh? And just to keep adding to the parallelism, J is moving to DC for law school in less than two months. Fuck me, right?

But seriously, aside from some hiccups, life's been pretty swell. I've learned so much in the time I spent away from home, and I'm grateful for all the wonderful people I've met and enriching experiences I've had since then. On that note, I leave you with my feel-good song from the past few days:



"The Queen" by Lady Gaga

No comments:

Post a Comment