Wednesday, July 7, 2010

eclipse

In other news today, I actually blew $10 to watch Eclipse with the ladies. (How is it that a matinee can still cost $9.75? Hooow?) I guess the movie did as much as it could with what it was given. This was the best book in the series, partly because the action was a little more exciting relative to that in the first and second books. But mostly because there's more Jacob time. I certainly didn't mind that during the movie XD In all seriousness, I felt this song from the movie captured very well the poignancy of Bella coming to terms with two major events in her life--realizing she loves Jacob and breaking both their hearts because it's not enough to make her leave Edward, and leaving everyone in her human life behind to become a vampire.



I heard Breaking Dawn is coming out in two parts. I have no idea how they're going to portray all the horrifying kinds of fucked up that happen in that book while still keeping it PG-13, but I'm pretty curious to see how it'll translate onto the big screen once it's done. Probably won't shell out money for it next time around though.

No comments:

Post a Comment