Friday, July 16, 2010

summer movie-going

Movies are always a nice little distraction, and once in a while it seems worth it to actually pay for one. As I said before, Eclipse was not one of those movies but sometimes it's more about the experience of going with friends :P Anyway, some movies I've been wanting to see and others that it would've been nice to see...

Predators (or Predator 3)
Back to the jungle, where the whole franchise started. And unlike the AVP spin-offs, this is actually rated R. lol If you're going to have two alien races fight each other to the death, how can you keep it at PG-13?

This came out last Friday and I still haven't seen it. Unfortunately, my attempts to solicit a viewing partner over fb were futile, so I may just have to resort to other...more unlawful methods. Is there nobody I know who can appreciate ridiculous sci-fi horror? Laaame.

Inception
Directed by Christopher Nolan, the same guy who did The Dark Knight. I wouldn't be surprised if I have trouble finding someone to see this with too. But maybe J can hold off on it until he comes to visit me, and then we can go together. Or maybe I just need to make new friends. That seems to be a better long-term solution.

Toy Story 3
More for nostalgia than anything else, this one's on my list. I heard it was really sad, which was to be expected, but I haven't read anything about it and it's been ages since I last watched the first one (I don't think I ever saw the second one, come to think of it...) I'm sure I'll catch this one eventually when a friend's dad *mysteriously* acquires a copy.

Despicable Me
I'm not sure what to say about this one. It seems very cute, but I don't normally go to the theater for just cute. This would've been more for the experience of going with friends. All of them wanted to watch this together, but I wasn't able to go because of a conflict. Meh, I'll catch it eventually. Apparently it even overtook Eclipse at the box office last weekend. lol Now there's something I didn't think was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment