Thursday, July 15, 2010

lemonade

My skin is very fickle, but it also needs a lot of work because puberty super-fucked me over. As such, I've renewed my efforts in trying to take better care of it.

I have implemented exfoliation 1-2 times a week into my routine. Previously, I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub but that seemed to be a little too harsh because I always broke out afterward. Upon Kandee Johnson's recommendation, I switched over to good ol' sugar and lemon juice. Easiest thing in the world, and the ingredients are easy to obtain :) In my case, my mom just raids the neighbors' lemon tree under cover of darkness, but sometimes the devil in her takes over and she's gutsy enough to do it by day. No, no, I can assure you that this is okay. Because they don't know about it. Come on, they don't use them anyway :P

My skin has seen some slight improvement since I started doing this about a month ago. Persistence pays off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment