Wednesday, August 31, 2011

oh, the horror!

It's been confirmed. DfmB is a total sleaze.

I was walking along my break route and staring at my phone again, hoping to slip by undetected. No such luck as I glanced up and he was standing right there, waiting for my approach. Creepy, no? And then an even creepier conversation ensued. A couple of snippets:

DfmB: So do you have kids?

S: Um, no. Kind of a personal question there, don't you think?

DfmB: Oh, how much do you weigh? Like 125?

S: ...haha, you're not supposed to ask that. Are you a rapist?

DfmB: Well, I wouldn't have asked if you were big but you're small.

S: Um, yeah, around there. Why did I respond?

DfmB: Oh, I can pick you up with one arm.

S: ...oh really. Please don't.


DfmB: So you have a boyfriend huh? Three years?

S: Yeah, more like three and a half now. Taken taken taken!

DfmB: Oh, lucky guy. *awkward pause* So can I have your number?

S: Didn't you hear what I just said? Uhhh...I don't think...

DfmB: 'Cause I get the feeling you wanna hook up, or are you just really friendly?

S: ?!?!? Um, I'm just really friendly.

DfmB: Well, you're really beautiful. You're not like other girls, you don't dress provocatively and you don't wear a lot of makeup.

S: But you thought a girl like that would go and cheat on her boyfriend? Thank you, that's sweet of you to say.

DfmB: Let me know if things don't work out.

S: Mmkay. No way in hell.


That uncomfortable exchange had me wondering whether I had said something to lead him on. But looking back on it, no normal person would've deduced that there was even any possibility of mutual attraction had they seen how immovably my arms remained folded over my chest and the way I was giving more eye contact to my phone than to him for the duration of our conversation.

Still, I should have been more direct and told him that crap was inappropriate. I have to stop being so damn chirpy.

Now if you'll excuse me, nothing short of a vigorous scrubbing session will rid me of the residual slime from that encounter, and I fully intend to indulge myself. And unless I find a new break route, I'll have to see him again tomorrow. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. omg. ridiculous! Great blog- following you :)

    www.wanderlustfashion.com

    ReplyDelete