Saturday, August 20, 2011

good try

It's no secret that I'm kind of clumsy when it comes to guys. The following encounter was no exception to that rule.

Pretend you're texting someone, don't look up, oh no he's coming this way!

Dude from my building: Hey, I always see you around but I don't even know your name.

Me: Oh, my name's Scarlet. Please don't do what I think you're going to do, please.

DfmB: Scarlet? I'm DfyB.

Me: Nice to finally meet you, DfmB. (Then, by sheer force of habit, I offered my hand to him for a handshake. Nooo, I can assure you, it wasn't out of place at all...)

DfmB: Listen, I think you're very beautiful. I can tell you're not like other girls. Are you seeing anyone right now?

Me: Smile, laugh, keep smiling. Yeeeah, I am. For about three years now.

DfmB: Wow, three years? You guys are gonna guy married!

Me: Haha well, I don't know about thaaat. Stupid, he gave you the perfect opening, you should've gone along with it!

He said some more nice things at this point and may have asked me to talk to him if I ever happened to find myself single, but I was so caught up in attempting to make a hasty escape that I honestly can't remember exactly what was said beyond that.

So as you can see, I can barely deal with guys with mediocre game. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if a guy with good game ever tried to disarm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment