Monday, August 30, 2010

wine is the one thing that would never reject my advances

I had an interview on Friday for a job that didn't exactly relate to my major but was still relevant enough to warrant my applying to it (because, let's be honest now, I'm getting desperate). I was super excited afterward because the interviewer and the potential boss-to-be seemed to like me, but I made a huge blunder while responding to the infamous salary requirement question. Instead of bullshitting my way out of it with a vague response, I threw out a number that was probably much more than they could've given me and now I'm afraid that it's cost me this job. Ugh. I'm THIS close to selling my soul for a regular paycheck.

This is my second post in a row that I'm composing while drunk. Rejection, no matter in what form, is depressing and disheartening. So I felt the need to take full advantage of the remaining half-bottle of wine in my fridge.

Now I'm going to write checks for my dad and hope that I don't fuck up. Though if I can type up a blog post while intoxicated, I think making out a few numbers should be a cakewalk. Might be a sign that I need more wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment