Monday, August 9, 2010

young dong

Met up with my awesome buddy (he's the only one who follows my blog semi-religiously) M for lunch today. He made me choose the restaurant, which was unfortunate for me because I don't like making executive decisions like that and it always makes me more than a little anxious if people don't like the food I picked but damn it, they'll just have to deal with it as punishment for making the mistake of forcing me to choose. So I voted on a Korean BBQ and tofu house called Young Dong. The name gives J endless ammunition for bad sleazy jokes. He's so juvenile sometimes. But then again, so am I.

Anyway, I think this place is also a small chain because there are locations in San Gabriel and Chino Hills. The menu's not huge but all you should ever need is a plate of bulgogi and/or one of their tofu soups. From experience, the medium-spicy seafood tofu is the best.


They give you a small egg to crack as soon as it arrives! :D

I made the mistake of not ordering this, opting for the beef tofu instead and ended up eyeing M enviously as the smell of his seafood soup wafted over to me. Oh well, now I know. We spent two hours catching up, which mainly consisted of us exchanging stories inappropriate for public ears. But now I've given away all my funny stories and have nothing of interest to keep my sole reader coming back for more. What's a girl to do?

1 comment:

  1. no way !!!
    that look way too delicious !!!!!
    im hungry =(

    www.therawpower.blogspot.com
    A fashion blogger based in Australia and Hong Kong.
    Stay tune for my “what is in my bag” post.
    you can also follow me on twitter
    http://twitter.com/therawpwoer
    and blog lovin
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/1871826/raw-power?claim=gt67ssuvazt

    xo
    therawpower

    ReplyDelete