Thursday, August 26, 2010

legs, and not the sexy kind

I was absorbed in job applications last night, filling forms out as fast as I could to meet a deadline. As engrossed as I was in my task, I saw fast movement out of the corner of my eye and before my brain had time to process what the hell I was looking at, I screamed bloody murder and rocketed out of my seat in an effort to get as far away from the thing as possible. I stared at the mass of legs that had appeared on the wall above my desk as my mom came rushing in to find out what all the commotion was about. All I could do was point stupidly and hop around helplessly. She kept saying it was a centipede, though at the time I didn't understand what she was telling me. And I had no idea what it was since I had never seen something so huge and hideous in my life that was not confined in a glass tank, but if I had to guess I would've said a centipede. All I could think about was the legs. Oh god, so many legs...!

She ended up smashing it with a sandal and tossing it into the toilet to flush to a watery grave, but before that happened I insisted on taking pictures so I could have a closer look at the monstrous thing. I'm not going to post those pictures because who wants to look at pieces of a squished bug in a toilet bowl? I will, however, leave this for you so you know just how scary this hell-spawn was.

Anyway, my mom is my hero. If I ever get married, I hope my hubby won't be as big of a wuss as I am. Some of the thing's legs are still stuck to my wall, but I can't seem to bring myself to clean them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment