Sunday, August 1, 2010

lazy saturday

I thought sleeping patterns for my generation (or for young adults in general with nothing better to do than poke around the internet) were trending toward sleeping late and waking up late, which is why I also believed there was an unspoken rule in place that barred any phone calls before noon. Not so, apparently! Leigh just came back from her two week stint visiting family and wanted to grab lunch with Elise, so despite being woken up before I had my fill of delicious slumber, I was excited to see them and dragged my sleepy self out of bed.

I suggested that we head to the Kang Kang food court so that they could try some Shanghainese pan-fried bao (生煎包, sheng jian bao), which are small buns filled with pork and soup.


Covered in scallions and black sesame. Yum!

T
o my immense relief, they seemed to enjoy the food. We intended to go back to Elise's and make dessert, but we ended up lounging around and having girl talk about ex-boyfriends, marriage, tattoos, feminine hygiene, sex, vacation spots, and moving out instead.

Our conversations reaffirmed two things for me: a) getting married at 28 like my 16-year-old self originally planned does not give me enough time to do the things I want before tying myself down and b) even after having at least four months to think about it and potentially change my mind, I still want a tattoo.

I was a little too embarrassed to admit to the girls what image I wanted to permanently replace a patch of my skin with, but here on aesthetic seduction I am utterly unashamed!


Yeah, from a game. But not because it's from a game.

It'll probably have to be in the middle of my back. Somewhere that I don't regularly look at on the off-chance that I do get it and come to regret it. I tend to change my mind a lot.

P.S. My dreams are beginning to give me orgasms that rival the intensity of those reached in my waking hours. As if sleep wasn't appealing enough already.

No comments:

Post a Comment