Saturday, September 11, 2010

black swan

In first grade, I used to always check out this one book from the library for reading time...Of Swans, Sugarplums, and Satin Slippers: Ballet Stories for Children by Violette Verdy. I only have vague memories of what the stories were about, but I know most if not all of them had some romantic element to them and the book had the prettiest illustrations (at least, I thought so at the time). I had long forgotten about that book until I was poking around on YouTube and came across this trailer for Black Swan:



The ballet is Swan Lake and now that I've given myself a refresher on the plot, it's actually pretty tragic. I'm very intrigued by this movie, especially because I adore Natalie Portman, but I'm also curious about where the story will go. J made fun of me when I mentioned it to him, as he couldn't believe that "psychological thriller" and "lesbian ballerinas" could ever be thrown together into a serious film. Then I showed him the trailer and he conceded that it didn't look as bad as the concept sounded. That's probably more a reflection of my ineptitude at describing things than the movie itself, but I digress. I'll probably end up Wiki'ing the synopsis after the release since I don't have a life anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment