Tuesday, October 11, 2011

another player joins the game (but not really)

Everyday I get lunch for Boss at this place across the street from our building, and almost everyday I get helped by the same guy. When I show up, he already knows what I'm going to ask for even before I say it. He also seems to know that Boss is crazy and always gives me extra food to bring back (a sacrificial offering to appease the monster, methinks). Yup, he's pretty nice.

I started to suspect he might have a crush on me. However, I could identify no solid reasons for thinking this so I chalked it up to my imagination getting the better of me in the recent monotony of life at the office. I had dropped the issue until...


Food Dude: You're dressed different today.

S: Oh, because I'm more casual?

Food Dude: *pause* More pretty.

S: Aw haha, it's because I ran out of clothes.

Food Dude: You ran out of clothes? Don't tease me like that.

S: ...haha! I meant I ran out of suits to wear!

And then I ran out of there.


At least he's not creepy like DfmB. Apparently, flirtation is slightly more effective than the charge-in-with-a-boner approach.

2 comments:

  1. nice blog! following you now... hope you could visit my blog too...


    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

    ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog- following you :)

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete