Wednesday, October 12, 2011

goal-setting

In today's episode of Life as the Office Bitch, Scarlet gets an earful of self righteous drivel about how she shouldn't befriend "losers" who will drag her down, how people don't have direction in life if they don't have goals, and how "scary" it is that some can go through life that way...which was provoked by responding to Boss with a tepid "okay" when Boss told her not to ignore a certain email. Even seemingly innocuous things like acknowledging an instruction is not immune to scrutiny.

For those 45 minutes, I sat there with an inward smirk, wondering what Boss would do if I revealed that I am, in fact, one of those damnably directionless "losers." Why, I would be terminated, surely? Then Boss would no longer have to worry about the likes of me defiling the work environment with my erroneous ways of thinking.

"I don't have the direction or the heart to keep working with you." I almost said it out loud.

Actually though, to say that I don't have any goals or direction right now is untrue...because we all know my #1 goal is to get the fuck away from Boss ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment