Wednesday, October 26, 2011

&&&

Over the use of an ampersand on an invitation card:

"It looks horrible. It's not tasteful. Why can't you just use 'and'?"

"Do you want me to spell it out, a-n-d? Or do you just want me to change the font?" (It was Monotype Corsiva.)

"Yeah, 'and.' People aren't going to know what this is."

"Okay, so I'm going to spell it out then. A-n-d."

"No, just use '&.' This looks horrible."

"That is '&.' It only looks like that because of that font. So you want me to change the font?"

"Yeah, because it's not tasteful. When you look at it, do you think people will know what that is? Doesn't it look horrible?"

"No, it looks fine to me."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, I mean, it depends who's looking at it. You're asking a really subjective question."

"You only think that because you haven't seen what is the best."

Really? Really? Talk to me again when you discover what fonts are. I mean, what exactly is the "best" font anyway? I would've been less offended if we had talked about what could've been a better font.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, you have great photos and you write nice. old bookmark :)
    visit me friend!
    love,
    http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete