Saturday, April 2, 2011

om nom nom

In an uncharacteristic fit of spontaneity, I attended the LA Food Truck Festival today with Greg and Elise to satisfy our gastronomic appetites.

However, I had to steel my heart against what I saw there--and I'm not even talking about the plethora of food trucks! No, what I was unprepared to see was how many couples were there enjoying their delectable delights together. I've always been a huge sap, but for once in my life the sight of it stirred up a bitter brew of jealousy that was surprisingly difficult to stomach. What once was one of my greatest sources of joy has suddenly become a double-edged sword. I know, so emo.

And as for the food...well, it all looked good. The lines were quite long since we got there kind of late, so Elise and I only managed to get a small sampling of treats at The Sweets Truck (chocolate cake bite and s'mores cake "sandwich" sufficiently satisfied our sweet tooth!) while Greg stood in line for his lobster roll (lobster was quite fresh, btw). We spent a lot of time walking around to check out what kind of trucks were there, but many of the more popular ones had sold out early. By the time we decided that we wanted fries, that truck had closed up shop for the day. Booooo.

Lesson learned: must get there earlier next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment