Saturday, April 23, 2011

saturday sundae

Groupons are amazing. A few months ago, I purchased one for ice cream (no surprise there) at LA Creamery Artisan Ice Cream in Glendale and finally had the chance to use it today.

Even though I'm a self-proclaimed dessert fiend, the size of my stomach is always the limiting factor in how much I can consume in one sitting. No matter how much I may have the appetite for it, I can't shouldn't eat $10 worth of ice cream by myself so I decided to share with a friend.

After much sampling and deliberation, we each went for the Fudgey Brownie Sundae. Two scoops of ice cream topped with chewy bites of crumbled brownie, dark chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, candied pecans and whipped cream for $5.95. I chose a scoop of Coffee and Milk Chocolate-Guinness while my friend got Rice Pudding and Saffron Vanilla.


It was an orgasm-inducing experience and worth every penny.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect for ice cream. Summer's on its way.

ETA:
I also attended a birthday gathering where food, alcohol, and good times were had by all. Though I normally avoid beer like the plague, I was peer-pressured into trying a Blue Moon for the first time. Garnished with a slice of orange, it was probably the best beer I've ever had.

1 comment: