Tuesday, April 12, 2011

inefficiency

Boss spent quite some time this morning telling me how disappointing I was after not being able to complete my given task on time. Never mind that sifting through the company's electronic files to find the documents I needed was like assembling rocks scattered across the seven continents. Trying to explain this would have only been digging myself into a deeper hole.

That incident, unfortunately, set the tone for the rest of the day. I did not hear the end of it until twenty minutes before I was due to leave, after having spent the previous hour listening to a protracted lecture that could have been easily condensed into ten minutes. Despite my insistence that I understood Boss's points and after my suggestion to "move forward in the interest of time," Boss looked at me like I was the one who had wasted the day and continued to "teach me" what I already knew (I mean, did I not just spend the last hour chained to that seat?).

Consequently, I was punished with unnecessary overtime which was apparently supposed to teach me some kind of lesson. Am I supposed to be grateful now?

Fuck you, Boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment