Thursday, April 21, 2011

tapas & ice cream

As luck would have it, I was brought back to Bar Celona for dinner with a visiting college friend, S. The atmosphere was just as mellow as it was from my last visit, but what else can you expect at 7pm on a weeknight?

The waitstaff were friendly and attentive, and our waiter didn't seem annoyed at all when he had to ask three times before we were finally ready to order. I settled on the chicken and herb empanadas and crispy eggplant served with spiced yogurt while S ordered the shrimp ceviche and a red sangria.

The empanadas were really good--then again, almost anything with a flaky, golden-brown exterior will win me over instantly. If I had to complain about something, I would say the eggplant was a little over-fried but having it with the yogurt tempered that issue. S let me try some of her sangria, which was sweet, strong, and came with lots of fruit. (All pluses in my book.) This is where I did battle against Temptation. Ultimately, Responsibility won out and I didn't order one for myself since, darn it, I had to drive home.









I didn't take any of these, by the way. I'm really bad at photo-documenting my life nowadays.

We walked around in search of dessert after our meal and were disappointed to discover that Dots Cupcakes had already closed. Our quest for sweets continued but when no other options presented themselves within reasonable walking distance, we ran into the welcoming arms of good ol' Baskin Robbins. It was a difficult choice between Jamoca Almond Fudge and World Class Chocolate, but in the end I chose to have a scoop of the latter. The creamy texture and rich flavor really satisfied my reason-defying craving for ice cream ('twas cold out that night)...and it actually didn't give me GERD. Happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that shrimp salad look so amazing!!! Gorgeous post, darling!!! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words!

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete