Sunday, November 20, 2011

the northern capital

I wish I had been more diligent about documenting my visit with J. But there's not much to photograph when you're just gaming or shopping. As for the food...well, I fully intended to take pictures but by the time I remembered I had a camera, everything was either already half-eaten or in my/someone else's tummy.


Mountain of shaved ice covered in red bean, condensed milk, and fruit


An Orgasm during Happy Hour...*cough* one of many *cough*


Not an Apple advertisement. I just happened to like the pink glow cast by the adjacent screen.


Hot French onion soup topped with bread and melted cheese


A really juicy salmon fillet with a butter lemon sauce garnished with tomato wedges dipped in pesto


My Chocolate Devotion and J's Founder's Favorite in chocolate-dipped waffle cones


View of the city through a dirty window, from 80 stories up


J and I went to a cozy British(?) establishment for afternoon tea, but I don't have clear pictures of our sandwiches, scones, and pastries, so...have some pictures of the surrounding area instead.


All the lights were beginning to turn on by the time we finished.


It got dark fast and we promptly boarded the subway to escape the chilly evening air.

Maybe I'm crazy to say this as someone who revels in the weightless blanket of indoor heating once it drops below 60 outside, but I kind of miss the brisk 40s we had abroad (legitimately cold, I'd say). Or maybe...I just miss the warmth of being held in the midst of it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. The food looks delicious! Yummy!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete