Sunday, May 1, 2011

comic con

My long-time friend, Sweet Talker, invited me out to Comic Con in Anaheim this weekend and I decided to accept since I had never been. I was pretty excited, even though I figured it wouldn't be anywhere near the scale of San Diego's Comic Con. Oh well, you gotta start somewhere.


I saw cute things!

The only person I really wanted to see was Tricia Helfer, but when she finally appeared it turned out that she was only doing autographs...at $30 each. They were doing a photo op later that day and probably charging an equally obscene amount. And I probably would've been willing to pay, but then again...losing monies to juxtapose myself with her? My ego said no thanks.


I did, however, manage to snap a stealthy photo when nobody was looking. Creepy, no?

After having satisfied my fangirl imperative, I obliged ST's need for food and together we trekked over to Mimi's Cafe to grab a bite to eat. This place garnered good reviews on Yelp, so it seemed like a good time to try it out. I absolutely looove spinach and artichoke dip and once I saw that it was a menu item, I already knew what I was going to order.


I love when it's served with bread instead of chips!

The dip was rich and full of flavor, which went quite well with the crispy, garlic-y goodness of the bread. We also split a bottle of white wine and being the lightweight that I am, two (or was it three?) glasses were more than enough to put me in a good place for the rest of the afternoon.

We went back to the convention and walked around a while longer but left shortly thereafter in search of ice cream. It was such a nice day outside that it would've been a crime NOT to get some frozen treats. A quick search on Yelp turned up a place nearby called Joe's Italian Ice. Apparently their specialty is --you guessed it--Italian ice. Behold...!


ST's strawberry Joe Latti and my mocha almond fudge ice cream

The Joe Latti is Italian ice layered with soft-serve ice cream and is freakin' delicious. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend giving it a try!

So passed a pleasant day of eating and talking, but now I've found myself in a bit of a bind. You see, I've been friends with ST for quite a number of years and while I do enjoy his company, I'm afraid he enjoys mine in a different way. A part of me wonders whether he's just biding his time until I happen upon singlehood again and hoping that he can be the one to swoop in and pick up the pieces...

Perhaps I should just tell him I'm a lesbian and be done with it. You think he'd buy that?

No comments:

Post a Comment