Tuesday, November 2, 2010

it's november 2nd

Did everyone cast their ballots today? It astounds me how frequently I've been encountering people who think their votes don't matter. They have this defeatist or apathetic attitude and I just can't wrap my mind around how they don't see the power they throw away by not voting (never mind that it's kiiind of hypocritical of me to say this since I didn't participate in the 2008 election). Sure, one vote is just a drop in the ocean, but where would your ocean be if it weren't for all those drops?

I've never been all that into politics, but it's hard to stay out of it when you start to realize how much it affects your life, even if you don't immediately feel the impacts. I voted for the first time today, and though I didn't have a position on every issue or make a choice between every candidate, I punched the hell out of my ballot for the ones I did have time to read up on! I'm gonna make it a point to exercise this right to the fullest...just because I can, if for no other reason :)

No comments:

Post a Comment