Wednesday, November 3, 2010

genders

I went out to dinner with my extended family the other day and because I had just gotten off work, I was still wearing my suit. I was playing with my little cousin and asked him to be careful since it would've been a pain to get a stain out of those clothes. Then he flashed me a mischievous grin and said, "You look like a man." Hmm, thaaanks.

Not sure how else to respond, I repeated his statement. "I look like a man?"

"Kind of. Because of your clothes."

"Ohhhhh. That's not a very nice thing to say :P"

"Well, because of these things," he tried to elaborate, patting the slightly-padded shoulder of my blazer.

Maybe it had more to do with the stern black color of the suit than its actual silhouette...

I also asked him whether he's a man or a woman, and he responded, "A woman." When I second-guessed his answer, he immediately burst into giddy laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment