Sunday, November 21, 2010

hallows & horcruxes

I gave Responsibility the finger last Thursday and went to catch the midnight show of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 at Universal CityWalk. It was EPIC. Almost every scene was done just the way I envisioned it when I read through the book. I've been so excited about it ever since the trailer was released and those 2.5 hours gave me everything I had hoped for. The settings were right out of the book, the cinematography was excellent and the acting was very well done. It's kind of strange to say this because I never saw him in this light before, but Daniel Radcliffe was looking pretty attractive in this movie. Must've been the ever-present 5 o'clock shadow. I gueeess the accent helped too. Can't wait to see the final installment!

Since I had long known it would be released on a weeknight, it occurred to me that choosing to watch this movie meant I'd be very tired at work the next day. And it crossed my mind to say no, but the reckless part of me felt it would be too awesome to pass up--I absolutely had to make an exception for Harry Potter. It did get me thinking though...now that my job is such a large part of my day, the responsible thing to do would be to give up the things that might negatively impact my work performance. But that's pretty much asking me to give up my fun. Moderation, you say? What's that?

What would be most ideal is not having to sleep so much. I'd get so much more out of my days if I didn't have to spend a third of them unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment